Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Contravening international snoring conventions

I have made it safely to Pakistan, and am settling very well into life at the Aga Khan University, Karachi.

The journey over from Dunedin to Karachi was long but very uneventful. Those of you who know me well know that I have a wee problem with snoring. So my main concern with the travelling was that I'd get kicked off the flight for my terrible snoring. All I could think about was how on earth I could stay awake for 15 hours or more...through the night...without falling asleep.

Thankfully, it was my hubby who gave me invaluable words of wisdom that stayed with me on my journey..something like Master Po would say to little Gasshopper (for those of you who used to watch the TV series called "Kung Fu".

"Sarah", he said, "Don't worry about your snoring. You don't know the people on the plane and you'll never meet them again".

So...to all those on Emirates flight K600 from Christchurch to Dubai...I am really sorry if I really annoyed you with my snoring! The only people I am not apologising to is the couple with the screaming two-year old behind me...my snoring was my way of getting my own back!

1 comment:

Bronwyn hegarty said...

they were probably more annoyed with the two year old than you. Lucky you in the heat - it is freezing here. Have you got some lovely colourful drapery around you yet?