Monday, February 18, 2008

Don't let the bed bugs bite!

I have just had a great weekend away in Auckland with my husband. We went to a wedding and caught up with some old friends who we have not seen for years.

The only thing I am not happy about is that we stayed at a cheap and cheerful bed and breakfast hostel, and we have come away covered by bites from bed bugs or fleas or something of that elk. I know it that it isn't anything else because the bites are in places that do not usually see day light! Must go and get some calamine lotion!

Image: 'Elephant Seal Scratch'
www.flickr.com/photos/43017881@N00/8266645

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the problems. We had a massive problem with bed bugs in hotels last year here in Perth. I think - but don't quote me - that some people ended up with problems in their own home. So may be worth doing a bit of research. Here is some information on bed bugs

Sarah Stewart said...

Thanks for that, Sue. It's making me scratch even more!

shauneboy said...

hope you send this feedback to the owners - horrid.
we just had a glorious weekend in arrowtown! no bugs.
Rae

Sarah Stewart said...

Yes, rang the hostel but they weren't interested!