Tuesday, February 19, 2008

31 Days to Building a Better Blog: Days 16 & 17


Day 17 of the 31 Day Blog Challenge is to run an advertising campaign in Stumbleupon, which is a social networking/bookmarking web site. As I do not have any money to fund such an endeavor, I'm giving this challenge a miss. But I am interested to hear if any of you use Stumbleupon and what you think of it.

Back to Day 16. This involves creating a heat map of a page of my blog. It is a way for me to see how people use my blog, what they click onto and what pages they visit. It is another way of looking at how people use the blog in an effort to attract people to 'stay' and subscribe. Whilst one's blog statistics do this, the heat map is an interesting pictorial tool.

To make a heat map, I have used Crazy Egg, which is a program that allows you to watch up to 4 pages free of charge. Not sure if I am going to use this in a constructive way, but it is fun to play with.

2 comments:

david santos said...

Excellent, Sarah!
Have a good week

Sarah Stewart said...

Thank you, David.