Monday, September 10, 2007

Google reader

I have been getting my head around Google Reader. This program constantly checks your favorite news sites and blogs for new content and alerts you when there has been addition to the web site you are monitoring. So, here I am watching my favorite blog, Caroline's Blog, but it is a pain in the neck to keep checking it through my 'Booksmarks' to see if Caroline has added anything to it. So I subscribe her blog to Google reader, and that alerts me every time she adds something to her blog. I know I still have things to learn about it, but I have worked out that I have to 'cut and paste' the URL of the blog/website I am watching into Google reader. The other thing I've just worked out is that I must 'mark as read' the items when I have read them, otherwise they build up, which makes it difficult to manage. As with everything on the Internet, I am finding it takes time and 'playing' before I get my head around it.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Wow, your favorite blog. Am I flattered or what?